Monday, June 30, 2008

i keep looking at your picture
at your smiling face, and how happy you look
how happy we look, together

my mind takes me places i shouldn't go
taunts me with free trips
that cost me millions in emotions
but i go anyway in hopes
i'll see that smiling face

or better yet, feel your hands
touch your face
breathe your breath
absorb your skin
and drown in your eyes

and i look up at the stars
no, no, no, no
looking for your eyes in them
remembering its daytime where you are
and hoping, like i do
that you'll see my eyes
when the stars come out there
and remember what i feel like

these crisp summer nights flood me
with thoughts and dreams but
anxious memories
a mix of complete peace
and tormenting reminiscence

bring back what's in my picture
that i look at everyday
just let me touch you, hold you
just for a moment
feed my lust and addiction briefly
won't you? can't you?

what is it about these nights
that make my loneliness so vivid
so undisguisable, so apparent
that the only way to quell it
is to release the tears
that i've held on to so tightly

maybe this feeling
this overwhelmingly sinking feeling
is the product of two minds
coming together in one moment
one time lapsed, synchronous moment
thinking of you
thinking of me

No comments: